Servings: 4 • Size: 2 slices • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pt
Calories: 208 • Fat: 8.5 g • Carb: 3 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 29 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 219 mg (without salt)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 oz reduced fat mozzarella cheese (Polly-o)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 oz thin sliced prosciutto
- salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1. Combine crushed garlic, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, and pepper; mix well.
2. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin to within 1/2- inch of bottom (careful not to cut all the way through). Open tenderloin so it lies flat. On each half, make another, lengthwise slit down the center to within 1/2-inch of bottom; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with a mallet.
3. Remove plastic wrap; spread 1/2 of the garlic/Dijon mixture on the inside of the pork.
4. Layer the cheese, spinach, sun dried tomatoes and proscuitto on top, press down gently.
5. Roll up pork jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie the roast at 1-1/2-inch to 2-inch intervals with kitchen string.
6. Season lightly with salt, and remaining garlic/Dijon mixture. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
7. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Place under the broiler to brown the top for 5 minutes, then transfer to a serving platter or cutting board. Let stand 10 minutes before removing string and slicing. Slice in 8 pieces.